Big Bank Grecians

At this end of St James Park is the Thatchers 'Big Bank' covered terrace, which was opened in February 2000 and replaced a former open terrace. This impressive structure has a capacity of just under 4,000, which means it is currently the largest terrace left in the English Football League. Fans have stood here to watch matches since the 1910/11 season when the local MP, Arthur Duke, persuaded the owner of the land to sell the space to the club, so that the pitch could be extended to meet FA regulations. In its time it has had different names such as the ‘Duke Bank’ and the ‘Cliff Bastin Stand’, but for most it is always, the ‘Big Bank’.

Files

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>