On the right near the corner of the Dissenter’s Chapel is buried Reg Davey. There is no memorial stone. Reg is an important figure in the development of the game in Exeter. He played for Exeter United against Minehead in October 1894 in the first known football match at St James Park. He went on to play a leading role in football administration including overseeing the setting up of the new East Devon Football League. It was this League that St Sidwell’s United joined in 1901. In 1904 St Sidwell’s changed their name to Exeter City.