Match 38
16 February 2016
York City (a)

York City 2-0 Exeter City

YORK CITY: Flinders, Cameron, Penn (capt), Satka, Coulson (Carson 90+2'), Fewster, Winfield, Berrett, McEvoy (Riordan 88'), Hyde (Summerfield 57'), Ilesanmi.
SUBS: Ingham, Swan, Thompson, Dixon.
Goals: Fewster 35', 64'
EXETER CITY: Olejnik, Ribeiro (McAllister 76'), Harley (Nicholls 79'), Oakley (Morrison 66'), Holmes, Moore-Taylor (capt), McCready, Tillson, Stockley, Taylor, Brown.
SUBS: Davies, Hamon, Wheele, Grant.
Referee: Mark Brown
BRADLEY FEWSTER scored twice to condemn the Grecians to a 2-0 defeat at Bootham Crescent.
JORDAN MOORE-TAYLOR returned as captain for Exeter City; Jake Taylor made his first start since rejoining the club in the January window, while Ryan Harley was another City man who made his return to the starting eleven after an appearance off the bench at Wycombe at the weekend. Matt Oakley and Jordan Tillson were the fourth and fifth changes from the weekend. This clash ended 0-0 at St James Park earlier in the season - the only time City have been involved in a goalless draw all season.
City had much the better of the first half but found themselves behind at the interval. Jordan Tillson had a shot blocked, before Jayden Stockley smacked the bar with one header before putting just over with another.

But Bradley Fewster stepped up to side-foot the home side in front with ten minutes remaining in the period. It was harsh on City, who had done well to speed out of the blocks after the disappointment of the weekend defeat at Wycombe.

A mistake from Jordan Moore-Taylor made Bobby Olejnik pull off a save in the first few minutes of the second period, before Tom McCready's unintential looping shot was saved in an unorthodox manner on the line by York keeper Scott Flinders.

City were two behind twenty minutes into the second half - Fewster prodded this one in as York broke, and from there on it was a difficult ask for City.

Christian Ribeiro had to leave the action after clashing heads with Jordan Moore-Taylor - fortuntely for City, he walked off on his own two feet, rather than on the stretcher that a few worried-looking teammates had called for.

Lee Holmes shot wide after cutting inside and Jamie McAllister delivered a dangerous cross in stoppage time, but City weren't to get their consolation goal. 

Attendance: 2,920 (146 away)
Man of the Match: Tom McCready



Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>