Match 09
Dagenham and Redbridge (Away)

Exeter Reserves
Totesport Combination
Forest Green Rovers (a)

Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Exeter City 1. Saturday 21 September 2010.

Referee Oliver Langford

Attendance 2005 with 133 City fans.

BBC match report –

Dagenham & Redbridge moved off the bottom of League One after a hard-fought draw with Exeter City.

Richard Logan scored for the Grecians, heading Ryan Harley's far-post cross past Daggers goalkeeper Tony Roberts. Dagenham nearly levelled in freakish circumstances, keeper Paul Jones acrobatically tipping midfielder Peter Gain's deflected header over the bar. The home side poured forward and got a deserved equaliser, Romain Vincelot powerfully heading home from a corner.

Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale told BBC Radio Devon: 

"I think on reflection of the play it's a fair result and they'll certainly be sure that they deserved at least a point. "I was pleased with all of the players, I didn't think there was a bad performance and they put everything into it. "It's going to be a long season and we want to keep picking up points and turn some of the draws into wins."

Exeter City Reserves
Totesport Combination
Forest Green Rovers (a)

Bassett's Sweet Finish Gives Reserves Victory

Kyle Bassett's fantastic individual goal helped Exeter City Reserves to three points for the first time this season. Noah Keats opened the scoring from close range before Bassett's fine right-footed effort doubled the Grecians' lead. Bismark Kwarteng pulled a goal back for Forest Green who had Isaac Shaze sent off for a second yellow in the second half. Andy Tillson named a young line-up as City's second string looked for their first win of the Totesport combination league campaign.

Artur Krysiak was the only player from last night's 18 that featured but something had obviously rubbed off on this line-up as they took the lead after 5 minutes just as the first team had at Dagenham. Dan Western sent a right-footed free kick into the box and it found its way to the back post where Keats had the easiest of finishes. Bassett came close minutes later before doubling City's lead on 24 minutes. Picking up a clever pass from Elliott Frear he cleverly skinned his marker before sending a lovely right-footed effort into the corner. City were rarely troubled during a comfortable first period, the closest the
away side came was a cross that almost caught out City's Pole in goal. Joe Heath was the oldest outfield player for the Grecians and he had the first chance of the second half but he smashed an effort just over. But just five minutes into this half Forest Green pulled a goal back, Kwarteng profiting on a miss-kick to fire a low shot into the corner. Sub Jack Winter then tested the handling of Krysiak as they pushed for an equaliser but their task became much more difficult after Shaze was sent off for bringing down Dawson. Striker Tom Nichols was then introduced for goalscorer Keats and he had a chance almost straight away, James Nortei saving well at his feet.

Nortei then made another fine save to deny Bassett a second before sub Ethan Phillips shot straight at him after some clever work. Nichols then tested the keeper again and Phillips had two chances after some great team play.

City Lined Up: Krysiak, Searle, Bennett, Furzer, Heath, Western, Dawson, Shephard, Keats, Frear, Bassett. 



Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>