Match 24
20th December 1952
Queen's Park Rangers (a)

Southern League
Worcester City (a)

25th December 1952
Weymouth (h)

Queen's Park Rangers 1-1 ECFC Scorers: Mackay
Attendance: 8000


Saturday, December 20th 1952
at Shepherd's Bush.

Exeter City's second half superiority in today's match on the Queen's Park Rangers' ground deserved more than a share of the points. Angus Mackay put Exeter in the lead six minutes after the interval. He received from Davey and made a brilliant 30 yards run, dribbling past Ingham at full speed and despatching the ball to the bottom corner of the net with a shot well out of the reach of Brown. For long periods afterwards the Rangers were outplayed, with Walton, Goddard, Mitchell and Mackay the stars of the City team. There were only seven minutes remaining in the gathering dusk when Clayton shot through a crowd of players in the penalty area to level the scores. The attendance was eight thousand.

Rangers:- Brown; Poppitt, Ingham; Nicholas, Spence, Clayton; Mountford, Gilberg, Addinall, Cameron, Shepherd.

City: Kelly; Walton, Rowe; Booth, Goddard, Davey; Mitchell, Knight, Dailey, Mackay, Murphy. Referee:- Mr G.F.J. Sawyer of Weston-super-Mare.

Southern League 
City Resetves v Worcester City 

Exeter City Reserves at St James's Park were beaten by Worcester City by four goals to one, by Fallon. All the scoring took place after the interval.

Reserves:- Singleton; Clark, A.Marsh; Harvey, Doyle, Fallon; M.Setters, Digby, Rose, A.Bolt, Howells.

Southern League 


Thursday, December 25th 1952,
at St James's Park.

Busier than their brethren of the first team, Exeter City Reserves had three matches to pack in this Christmastide. Their programme opened on Christmas Day when Weymouth were the visitors to St James's Park in a Southern League match.

City Reserves:- Singleton; Anderson, Marsh; Harvey, Doyle, Fallon; Setters, Bolt, Rose, Digby, McClelland.

Weymouth:- Corbett; Targett, Morley; Francis, Dunn, Laws; McGowan, Grimson, Miller, Fagan, Mosscrop.

In the Weymouth forward line were two players who have had experience in much higher company. Willie Fagan was on the verge of international honours with Scotland during his long career at Liverpool and McGowan used to be in the forefront of Scottish soccer with Dunfermline. The home defeat by Weymouth was unfortunate for Paddy Doyle. The best player on the beaten side, he made one mistake, and it presented the visitors with their winning goal three minutes from time. Weymouth in the first half scored twice through Mosscrop befor Exeter got going. Fallon with a penalty kick and Bolt replied. Grimson shot Weymouth's winner.


Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>